Are you a budget conscious person looking for additional ways to cut costs around your home? Look no further because we gathered some easy tips to help you do just that.
- Close your closet doors. By keeping all closet doors closed, you will keep your heating and cooling costs down. This will help you avoid wasting heating or cooling an area that doesn’t need to be.
- Home brew. While you might enjoy that daily fancy coffee from down the street, it certainly adds up over time. Instead buy a small coffee machine that makes your drink of choice.
- Stop buying bottled water. Did you know that if you buy one pack of water every week at $5 per case, you’ll spend nearly $200 per year. That is a lot of moolah. If you aren’t a fan of tap water, buy a filter to attach to the faucet or a filtered pitcher.
- Turn it down low. Lowering the temperature of your water heater setting to 120 degrees can help you reduce your energy costs. You’ll save around $30 annually with each 10-degree reduction.
- Shop at the right time. When it’s time to buy those expensive items like the TV, make sure you do your research and shop when the best deals are available before you click buy.
General tips are taken from the below sources and are not independently verified by Hello Energy. Dollar and usage savings are estimates and are based on, but not limited to the following: home profile information, performance assumptions, third-party resources, and the average regional cost for electricity. Savings are not guaranteed, are subject to change, and may vary.